Tuesday 7 August 2012

Halo (Halo #1) by Alexandra Adornetto review by Leah Dewet



Halo by Alexandra Adornetto 

Three angels are sent down to bring good to the world: Gabriel the warrior; Ivy the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the most human, and when she is romantically drawn to a mortal boy, the angels fear she will not be strong enough to save anyone – especially herself… 

This book has an interesting and beautiful cover which is how it grabbed my attention from the start. Good thing it had a great story within. It is told through the eyes of Bethany, an angel who grows to love being a human more than she thought she would, and to top it all off she falls for a boy in her school who makes her feel like she could fly without the help of her angelic wings. Bethany struggles with her human feelings for the boy and so this concerns her, especially when the other angels find out about them. Not only does she have to fight her own heart but there is an evil in town that only the angels could hope to defeat. 

Bethany is an easily relatable character and her modesty makes it easier to like the beautiful angel. It is interesting to see how she experiences everyday human things that we take for granted; it is refreshing and makes one think. This story even gave me some hope of finding that one person who would complete me and love me no matter what. 

The other characters, like the two other angels and the mortal boy Xavier she falls in love with, were all very well written and they tied the whole story together. I was at first a bit hesitant to get this book but now I know it was worth it. Once I started reading I couldn’t put it down; I wanted to know what happened next and I wanted more. 

I am sure I’ll get its sequel, Hades, to read one day as well because things could only get more interesting. The book ended leaving me wanting more and that is a great quality in an amazing novel. Alexandra is a talented author who knows how to tell a story that you can picture perfectly. I can’t wait to read more of her work. 

Rating: 5/5

Reviewed by Leah Dewet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews