Monday 1 October 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout review

Obsidian (Lux, #1)Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is
I have no idea why I got the book I was looking through Amazon and came across the books and something made me buy it and all the authors other books too.
The book was written with such an easy to read flow that I found myself zooming though each page and before I knew it I have read the whole book. I loved Katy and the fact I could relate to her love of books and blogging reviews. I also was excited that the storyline was different from what I normally read. There were parts where I laughed so hard i thought I might die. I felt sucked in and unable to stop needing and wanting to know what would happen next.
With such amazing and bright characters and a storyline that felt like a roller-coaster ride it was brilliant.
i just know that i will reread this book to the point of the book falling apart :D

5 stars

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. It's fabulous isn't it? I just finished the first two books myself ~ thank goodness the third book comes out soon ~ OH, and there's a novella about Dawson and Bethany ;).. Glad you enjoyed it!

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i swear i was glued to my chair to the very end!! it was amazing have you read the authors other series?? :D

      Delete
  2. I loved this one. I just finished Onyx a few days ago. I am already needing Opal badly. Great review.


    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews