Thursday 25 February 2016

Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Angelfire follows a teenage girl Ellie to anyone looking at her she comes across as any normal teenage girl. She has her best friend Kate and a small group of friends. Ellie could be any girl but under that she has horrible nightmares that show her monsters the kind that keep you all up night and leave you shaken. Her dad has changed into a person that frightens her but Ellie tries to keep going but the day of her 17 birthday everything changes. Ellie has to face a lot more then nightmares and teen drama she has to face the monsters that await her in the dark.

I have to say I really enjoyed this book Ellie while getting to grips with her character I did have my worries while all was going to hell she seemed to want to party and be with her friends rather than facing what she needed to. Once I had let myself give her a chance I found that I liked her she was both strong and soft and seemed to want to do the right thing. She grows throughout the book and by the end I was invested in her and hoped for a good outcome. Will was the main guy in the book and while he can be hot and cold over I enjoyed what he added to the book I do hope that we will learn more about him in the next book.

I found the book easy to read and get into it was one of those books that once you started you felt the need to keep going to find out what happened next. The storyline was fast and exciting with lots going on and a good number of twists and turns that I really enjoyed. There were only a few things that made me pause mostly small things like Ellie’s ability to go party while her life falls apart seemed a little bit out weird. There was also Landon who seemed to be a little bit up and down for me. The book as a whole is a great one and its one that I could see myself reread again and again. I’m really glad I took the time to read the book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews